Saturday, January 8, 2022

Avenger for Old-School Essentials

    In OSE there are two 'cavalier' type classes, paladin and knight. The knight lacks magic abilities or alignment restrictions, while the paladin has divine powers and must be law-aligned. An arcane or chaotic cavalier felt like an obvious addition, so I decided to make a homebrew class that fulfilled both roles. I named the class after the avenger subclass from BECMI as that's always been my favorite version of the anti-paladin. I tried to evoke 'black knight' type characters while avoiding typical tropes of anti-paladin type classes. I felt the ability to select a nemesis could lead to interesting rivalries. As always, I appreciate any feedback.

1 comment:

Avenger for Old-School Essentials

     In OSE there are two 'cavalier' type classes, paladin and knight. The knight lacks magic abilities or alignment restrictions, w...